The government declared that the railway employees are availed with Leave Travel Concession (LTC) for the first time.
A circular was issued by the Ministry of Personnel, Public Grievances and Pensions Department of Personnel & Training (DoPT) on 27th March which stated that as per the existing LTC instruction, Railway government employees and their spouses are not entitled to the LTC facility as the “Free Pass” facility is availed to them. However, the 7th Pay Commission recommended that they will be included in the LTC fold.
The matter has been considered and consulted with the Railway ministry. It came to a conclusion that Railway employees would be allowed for an all-India LTC every 4 years and this is optional for railway employees.
The DoPT order stated that the railway employees would not be eligible for “Home Town LTC” and would have to surrender the concessional passes.
However, the railway employees could continue other passes such as duty pass, special pass on medical grounds, school pass are admissible under the pass rules.
The circular indicated that if the railway employee has already provided with a privilege pass, then they are not eligible for LTC for the year.
Railway employees who go for deputation to organizations such as PSU would be eligible for LTC option instead Entitlement of a privilege pass, the order confirmed.
Besides offering Railway jobs to the employees, the railway take cares the Children Education Allowance of their employees.
Children Education Allowance Scheme to reimburse the expenditure on school education has been introduced on 1st September 2008 for railway employees. Both the Children Education Allowance & Reimbursement of Tuition Fee have been merged.
As a resultant to the Children Education Allowance Scheme introduction, offering the advance for outfit purchase for school children is omitted.
The following items are permitted for reimbursement
- Tuition Fee
- Admission fee
- Laboratory fee
- Library fee
- Games/sports fee
- Extra-curricular activities fee
- Purchase of two sets of uniforms and one set of school shoes in an academic year can be reimbursed.
- Purchase of one set of textbooks, notebooks in an academic year can be reimbursed
- A Special fee charged for music, agriculture, electronics or any other subject
- Parents’ Contribution charged by the school/ institution/ Development Fee paid instead of tuition fee
- Fee charged directly by the institution/school for providing specials needs to the special children duly certified by the school authorities can be reimbursed
The following are not allowed for reimbursement
- Expenses towards coaching classes in a coaching centre/Tuition will not be admissible
- School bags, stationery, pens/pencils, water bottle reimbursement will not be allowed.
- Reimbursement is not permitted for Annual charges and transportation fees
Such valuable benefits are given by the Railway Recruitment not only to the employees but also to their children. There are many types of Railway exams are conducted. Better prepare for any of your eligible exam, and apply for the exam, appear and succeed. Then the precious Railway jobs in your hands.